Doug concentrates his practice in the areas of general business and real estate law. He provides legal advice to a wide spectrum of new and established business owners on entity ownership, financing and structuring, and day-to-day operational issues. Mr. McNeil also handles sophisticated business and real estate acquisition and financing transactions. A unique area that Mr. McNeil serves is the charter school industry, advising an array of start-up and existing Michigan public school academies on financing, operational, compliance, governance, and authorizer contract matters.
A lifelong sailing and sailboat racing enthusiast, Doug now serves as special advisor to a number of junior sailing foundations throughout western Michigan and the Midwest. Doug is currently the President of the Spring Lake Junior Sailing Association, board member of the White Lake Sailing School, and advisor to the Western Michigan Yachting Association.
Admitted To Practice
- Michigan; 1982
- Dartmouth College; B.A., ‘79
- DePaul University; J.D., ‘82
- State Bar of Michigan – Member of Business Law and Real Estate Law Sections
- Michigan Association of Public School Academies
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Spring Lake Public Schools Board of Education; Board President 1990-1992
- Walden Green Charter School; Board President 1996-2009
- Mary Free Bed Hospital; Board Member 1988-1992
- Spring Lake Junior Sailing Association; Board President 2009-Present